Monday, December 6, 2010

2 months!

Sorry I have been so awful updating my blog! I knew I had to go back to work so any free time I had the last thing I wanted to do was spend time on the computer instead of with Jax.
Here his 2 month basics…
Weight-10 lbs 12 oz- 17th percentile
Height- 22 inches- 2nd percentile
Head Circ- 33rd percentile

Head- ah getting a little flat on the right side thanks to the rock n play. I always read people had issues with that but it was a Catch 22 with the reflux. She said its slight right now so we are doing our best to keep him on his tummy or off his head at all times when we are at home from work, positioning him at night, and he is laying on nest noggins when he is in his swing or bouncer at home. She said and I have read that since he is still so young it may even out, but if not at his 4 month appointment we will be talking helmet if it gets worse. I just can’t wait until he can sit in a bumbo!
Acid Reflux- it blows. We are starting our third medication tonight and we will see how that works. Everything was going well but he seems to have grown out of his Axid dose and his stomach can’t tolerate the higher dose so this week has been a total mess at night. Hysterical crying while trying to feed him which turns into him just flat out refusing bottles. So hopefully this med will work like the Axid used to and he will be chugging down bottles again in no time. Luckily he is only in hysterics while trying to eat so other than that he is still a super happy baby.
Laryngomalacia-we were sent to AI Dupont last week to find out if Jax’s wheezing is soley from the reflux or layngomalacia has something to do with it also. Laryngomalacia is common in infancy and just means that the tissue covering the voice box is immature and can flap forward. Poor Jax had to have a scope put up his nose and down his throat to see if there was any flapping…and there was but it was minimal. The ENT said he thinks the problem is mostly reflux and we don’t have to go back again which is nice unless he hits a year and still breathes like a nutso. A side note to this is I am so effing sick of people asking me what is wrong with him when his reflux is bothering him and his breathing is off. My MIL constantly thinks he has pneumonia and the whole thing just pisses me off.
So other than that he is doing awesome! He has been smiling for quite a while now, the first smile I caught on camera was on Halloween. This kid smiles at everything. He smiles at basically any noise Chris makes, the Christmas lights I hung in the living room just so he could watch them, the dogs, seeing me int he morning and when I pick him up from daycare. He is so happy for being a refluxer which I thank my lucky stars on a daily basis that he never turned colicky.
I went back to work this week and have had myself in a tizzy for weeks about it. If you have been reading my blog you know I had some issues in regards to my whole short term/long term/return to work situation. I originally was told I would get my job back. Fine, I didn’t like it but whatever. Then I was told that it wasn’t guranteed the state would hire me back at all. What, hold the brakes…you are telling me I got pregnant and sick and that I am done with the state. Hello budget cuts. My return to work date comes and nothing so I apply for unemployment oh and wouldn’t you know the very next week they found me a job…A job back where I used to work and transfered from because I hated it so much. I came home in tears from this place at least once a week. It was awful so when I found out this was where I had to go I was a mess. The only good thing was that I hated all of the daycare centers we visited in Kent County and I LOVE the Goddard School up by where I work.
Well I started this week and it is going great. I cried pretty much all weekend and Monday morning on the way but it was fine. I just can’t say enough about his daycare, they.are.awesome. I stopped by twice during the day and they have no problem with it. Each time he has been all smiles. Seeing him smile at his teachers made me feel so good about the choice we made. They let me bring in a rock n’ play for him since he isn’t in a crib yet because of his reflux and he sleeps like a rock in it.
Work isn’t as bad as I anticipated. Most of my co-workers are new and I liked the ones who aren’t. The supervisor is apparently not very good at all but I figure if I just do my work and lay low until I find something else then so be it. I really think knowing Jax is safe and happy makes being here so much easier. I am actually updating my blog and I read some which are nice perks! I, of course, would rather be home with him but as that isn’t possible I might as well make the best out of the situation. We will see how high my stress level re-skyrockets once I actually start seeing clients again and processing cases. I have been looking for something but so far nada. I keep telling myself in this economy I should just be happy to have something.
So that’s it! I am sure I will be updating much more frequently now that I am back at work. You can check out his pics at his shuttefly share site.

No comments:

Post a Comment