Monday, May 21, 2007

My Little Mazda and the Rubster

Ruby the Accent... Ruby was my first car. She is an accent and has 100,000 miles on her. I will have to admit that before I met my husband that I didn't take great care of her. Getting her oil changed, why would you do that? New tires? Nah these ones are fine. The poor thing is now dying. She has lasted a pretty long time considering my neglect for the first year and a half of her life. My husband drives her now back and forth to work which luckily is only a twenty mile round trip. I am going to be very sad when that little car kicks the bucket.

My little Mazda doesn't have a name yet. How sad is that? I just call her Ruby also, but she is actually blue so that makes no sense at all. Now that I know how to take care of a car, she has had her oil changed at regular intervals and last week she got four new tires and her alignment fixed. I still have to make an appointment at Mazda to get her timing looked at and her cigarette outlet fixed so I can listen to my Ipod again. I will have to say that I was quite pissed a few weeks ago when I realized that she was going to have to get work done, but she is already riding so much better that I could care less. I can't wait to get a job closer to home so I am not going through four new tires every 16 months, plus she will last longer if I am not putting so many miles on her every year.

We may be getting another car in the next couple of weeks. My husband's grandfather is selling his 1996 Mercury Tracer and we may buy it if he agrees to let us pay the blue book value for it. The car, althogh not the sharpest car on the block has only ten thousand miles on it and it will be great for going back and forth to work. It's the wagon style Tracer so we will be taking that to the drive in!

My husband also wants to get a sports car in the next year, but truthfully we will probably need to get a bigger house so he can put it in a garage. Right now, we have a carport that I am in love with but I wouldn't really trust a nice car to not get damaged on our street.

No comments:

Post a Comment