Wednesday, March 31, 2010

13 weeks!

How far along? 13 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -15 pounds
Maternity clothes? Pants only
Stretch marks? none
Sleep: All I ever want to do is sleep!
Best moment this week:Finding out our NT scan/bloodwork was negative!
Movement: not yet
Food cravings: nothing sounds good this week
Gender:We should know in three more weeks!
Labor Signs:none
What I miss: Real food
What I am looking forward to: Being able to feel the baby move
Updates:
The 12 week HG let up is now over and I am sick in full force again. For those of you who have asked over the past few weeks about my weight loss the answer is that it is all due to not being able to eat and vomitting. Nice diet plan, huh? I was very upset about my weight at the NT scan but the doctor assured me that everything is fine and that I eventually will start to put on weight once I hit the 20 week point. The only foods I have been tolerating are bagels, coke, ginger ale, gatorade and the occasional slice of pizza. I can also tolerate white rice but can’t tolerate making it so it’s sort of an issue.
The great news is that my transfer to an office close to home when through. So for instance when I was sick this morning I went home for three hours and then was close enough to come back so I wouldn’t miss a whole day of work. I am interested to see what the OB says tomorrow about this whole situation and what his recommedations are to manage it better. I am starting to get worried I won’t have enough sick time once the baby comes to last until STD starts but my health is number one priority and if we have to go a few days with no pay its really not the end of the world. Hell, its probably cheaper than the ER visit that would have happened tonight if I hadn’t gone home to rest.
I have gotten some comments already on how big I look for 12/13 weeks. Gee people I don’t know what to tell you…”stop looking at my intestines.” It is what it is, I haven’t gained any weight so its not like I was pigging out 24/7 and that’s why I look huge. I am sure some is still bloat but its definintely higher than it was a few weeks ago. The funny thing is these are the same people telling me two weeks ago that I looked emiciated from not eating and were shoving pizza down my throat. You just can’t make some people happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment