Thursday, April 1, 2010

PICC line:(

I had to have a PICC line put in today for my hyperemisis since I am 13 weeks and there is no let up in site. Let’s back up and start with my first appointment at the OB as a regular pregnant woman…it went great. I got to hear our little one’s heartbeat and my uterus is measuring right on track at 13/14 weeks, no wonder I am starting to show! Then she sent me to get a PICC line since my reglan/phenegran regimen is clearly not working.
That turned into a frigging six fucking hour ordeal of me sitting, more sitting, sitting with my mom, getting the picc line in, more sitting, and then finally going home with no home health infusion set up. My OB was clearly on top of that! So I am home with the PICC line in, but no fluids or IV meds to pump into it. They are supposed to be calling me tomorrow and then I am to take off next week to get used to it/stabilize myself. So a)my time is shot and b)we will no longer be able to go to Myrtle Beach which is not the end of the world. This leads me to fucking c) before the budget cuts STD started at 21 calender days but now it starts at 60. What, 60 fucking days? Well who gives a shit if I have nothing since I am not going to get paid for at least a month anyway. Thank god we live in the house we do and that we can get by but I guess since I didn’t realize the rule change it threw me for a loop.
So basically I want to punch something. Hopefully once I sleep I won’t feel so crappy about the whole situation(the picc line and being off of work, I am over the STD already:)

No comments:

Post a Comment