Friday, February 8, 2008

Buffalo/Niagara/Niagara on the Lake

Well we are back from trip numero uno. Besides the christening of my god child I pretty much wanted to hide under my bed the entire time we were in Buffalo. My uncle is the most racist, gay bashing asshole in the universe. I can't stand to even be around him. It is awful. My mom kept giving me the death stares becuase I kept arguing with him over his stupid views.

Niagara on the Lake was beautiful. I am so glad we decided to just get into the car and drive around on Monday. We walked around the town for a few hours and then went to the wineries. I think we ended up going to six wineries and we tried Ice Wine for the first time. Dessert wine is not my cup of tea but C loved it and we ended up coming home with two bottles of 60 dollar ice wine plus all of the wines that I picked out while we were there. I kept telling C that we didn't have to buy wine every where that we stopped but we all know how generous he is with his money.

I will have to say I was shocked at how rude people were at our hotel in Niagara Falls, CA. It was fun to go with C as he has never been there before but I don't think we will go back until after we have kids and want to show them.

That was our trip. I went back on the pill two days ago. I feel bad because they gave C at work a "fertile ring of hope" that his co-worker buried in Africa for him but after the Niagara Falls of a period I had on vacation I just need a few months off. That was the only serious bummer of the trip, I bled through everything one night and ended up wearing a pad and a tampon to the baptism because I was afraid I was going to bleed through and my pants were houndstooth black, grey, and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment