Thursday, January 15, 2009

01/15/2009

I can't believe we are already half way through January!  I am wondering if we have off next Monday for MLK day.  I am going to have to look into that so I don't show up to work . That would be lovely.

Since our ttc journey has come to an end, my blog will no longer be an infertility blog.  I think my blog is now going to follow me through my 2009 goals for the year.  I need some serious changes to take place to get out of this "I hate IF, I hate my body" rut that I seem to be stuck in.  Goal #1 is to lose 15 pounds this year so I can get back to my wedding dress weight.  Along with that goal, goal #2 is to do some sort of excercise besides walking the dogs everyday.  I thought I was going to try couch 25k and even did it one day that I had off of work.  The next morning it dawned on me that is pitch black out when I wake up so I was going to have to come up with a new plan.  Goal #3 is to work on my self esteem issues that have gotten way worse over the past two years.  Finally, goal #4 is to try and figure out what I want to do with myself, career-wise.

Week one:
-I ordered some career books to read through, one having to do with jobs that require travel.  I love to travel, but I thought we were going to have kids soon and never even considered a job that required travel.  
-I jog/walked Monday, did yoga on Tuesday, and rode the bike on Wednesday.
-Ordered a self esteem book since counseling does not seem to be helping in that arena. 

The best thing of the week is that with working out I am not at all sore, athritis wise.  It is so nice to be sore from exerting yourself and not from just being me.  

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals. Our self esteem does get a hard hit on all of this. Yeay to looking to new ways to fulfill your life. I'm also on a crunch career wise. I'm going to try counseling for a bit as well and see if it helps. I relate to so much of what you wrote, I also have to figure out what to do with myself. Wishing you strenght and courage as you change the focus and goals of your life.

    ReplyDelete