Tuesday, January 13, 2009

WTF appointment update

It didn't go so well.  The first thing the doctor said was that he was sorry to have to give me such bad news on the second day of the new year.  Then he asked me if I lived near something toxic, worked in a factory, if my parents worked in a factory, my diet, ect.  My embryos looked like embryos of patients in their 40s.  My fsh was perfectly fine, my antral count was good so it is all a mystery.

He wants to try a different protocol but there was no hope that it will work any better.  He doesn't think it's possible that every single egg I have is bad, but they just don't know.  DH wants to try IVF again and I did too while we were on vacation.  Then our ship docked and I had a panic attack just thinking about doing it again with such low chances that it will work.  So...we will always try naturally because why not but as far as treatments go I am done.  Maybe in a few years we will try IVF again but I am just not seeing it.

I will write an indepth post about my awesome vacation later in the week when I have more time!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Sending you a big hug and hoping this break brings you happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peachy, I'm so sorry that you got such bad news.
    Take some time to yourself and keep trying naturally because we can always do that, right?
    also, maybe could you get a second opinion? would that be something to consider?

    ReplyDelete