Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Adoption Workshops

We have our first workshop on March 13th in Dover.  This agency is more focused on open domestic adoptions which frankly scare the shit out of me, but I am hoping that if we learn more about it then my fears of the bio mom showing up one day and my child liking them better will go away.  The other agency's workshop is in April and it focuses on international adoption, which is mor what we are leaning towards.   

I also ordered four adoption books today through amazon.com!  I am looking forward to reading them in the upcoming months.  

The first thing we are going to do financially is pay off my car and finish up the house.  If we double or triple the car payments some months it should be paid off in a year and a half tops.  Then the money we were putting towards that will inevitably start going to pay off the loan we are going to take out.  I am ok with that, we will be used to not having that money so it won't be a shock.   I am also super looking forward to our house being done.  Well let's face it, it will never be totally done. For example our kitchen is in perfect working order, but we decided this weekend that we are going to do new countertops.  Nothing fancy or expensive, just new laminate but it will look ten times better then what we have now. 

On the actual ttc front we tried using opks again this month.  hahaha, that was a joke.   I think my hormones are still wacked out from the IVF drugs because I never got a positive and now there is no line at all.  I told DH its just time to get our sex life totally back in order and if it happens it happens.  If we are having sex every other or every third day then you are bound to hit O time every month and that is going to be the end of it.  Him and my parents like to hear lines like this out of me although we all know I don't actually think that it will happen.  

Phew.  

2 comments:

  1. glad to see you are excited about the adoption workshops.
    congrats on the new page design (it looks really nice) and the lost pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully these workshops will help you get a better idea of which direction you want to go adoption wise! It may seem overwhelming at first (John & I were in a brain overload when we left our first one!) but I am glad that you are excited about moving towards adoption! You'll have to let me know what books you ordered!

    ReplyDelete