Thursday, December 3, 2009


I finally had my WTF appointment from my last IVF yesterday and the RE told us that we are going outside the box for our next attempt. For those of you who don't know me, which is probably most of you here is a quick summary....ttc for about 4 years now, 4 miscarriages(2 early that we would have never known about had we not been dealing with IF and 2 chrom. flukes), unexplained IF, and all of my embryos die when we use high doses of stims for some unknown reason. We looked into adoption but DH does not feel comfortable with it and while I don't agree I support him so that is why we are cycling again.
My RE had two patients last year that he sent to New York because he could not figure out what was wrong with them. Both cycled with different clinics and neither got pregnant. These patients apparently are like us(on the board) but to the max with getting their own information, my RE said they know more than he does. He tried completely out of the box protocols with both of them and they are both due within the next two months. He is hooking me up with them via email so they can share with me their stories and their wealth of knowledge and he is hoping I can also get some hope back in the process. I will find out in the next week exactly what the protocol is but he said it involves drugs that generally are not used for IVF and that he is one of the only clinics that will try a non-conventional protocol. The only thing I do know is that it is not the clomid IVF cycle that we had talked about a few months ago so who knows what the drugs are he is talking about.
I will update once I know more as this may be useful to other unexplained ladies that conventional protocols don't work for. I feel like a guinea pig but since we have run out of options I figure why not give whatever this is a whirl.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I'm intrested in what they have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me intrigued - hope their protocol sounds good to you (and that it works!).

    ReplyDelete