Wednesday, December 23, 2009

You ruined Christmas!

This is what I have been hearing at work all week, so you know what? I am done with work for the rest of the week. I would love to say you people have known about Christmas for 363 days, this isn't something new that just popped up. It's no ones fault but your own that you didn't plan to buy your kids Christmas presents and just assumed someone else would do it for you!

Other than that everything seems to be going well. I have lost 5 pounds since I started limited sugar and only eating good carbs! This also included zero exercise as my ankle is just starting to feel better so I was really shocked I lost so much.

Speaking of loosing weight, upping my calories to 2300 a day has not been working. I just haven't figured out a way to eat 500-700 more healthy calories a day and I really need to figure it out soon. Loosing a few more pounds, maybe 5 more, would be good but any more than that and all of my precious curves will go right out the window. Hell I am a 36A as it is, I can't afford to go much smaller. I know what you may be thinking, "is she really that worried about her boobs" and the answer is yes I totally am. I like not being so flat that I look like a boy.

In reproductive news, my RE emailed me and told me I need to completely cut out the every other day red wine consumption as it may mask a glucose issue. I googled red wine and blood sugar as I have never heard this and red wine in fact does lower your blood sugar. Interesting? yes. Think its my problem? No. I have had the fasting glucose test done tons of times in the past few years and it has always come back fine and the red wine is a new thing for me. So as of today the IVF coordinator told me I have to cut out all alcohol, not just red wine and they are going to redo the fasting test in two weeks. I have a feeling that even after that they are going to want me to stay off alcohol until I get pregnant which should be entertaining as I haven't had a successful pregnancy in four years . I may be limiting this experiment to six months...if my periods return to normal and it seems like we have forward movement on the pregnancy front I will continue on, if not then I am done. Oh, and St. Patty's Day doesn't count because I am Irish and it would be a crime for me to not drink on St. Patty's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment