Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The mentor adventure begins...

In her usual fashion my IVF coordinator is still sucking. To my dismay, they did not get rid of her as they assured me they were going to after all of the issues I had with her during my last IVF. Regardless after a week my clinic now has my email address(although I email with sucky coordinator so how she couldn't find it I clearly don't know) and I am now hooked up with my mentor.

I sent her our story and she emailed a few quick things back and said that she wants to meet soon. She tried for 7 years to get pregnant, some cycles with my doctor, some with Cornell and then she did the out of the box protocol with my doctor(I still don't know what this entails) which resulted in a successful pregnancy. Like us, she is unexplained. Unlike us her embryos always appeared to be good but none of her 10 previous transfers took. So at the end of the day my doctor has "diagnosed" both of us with unexplained egg quality issues.

The one quick thing she did tell me was that she took 6 months off of treatments, started exercising with weight training and cut out a lot of sugar. After a lifetime of irregular cycles, her cycles returned to normal on this regimen which I thought was interesting. She is bringing me a bunch of literature when we meet for dinner and I am going to hear the rest of her story. I do know that my doctor wants me to follow her diet and exercise regimen since they believe this was key to her successful pregnancy. I am really looking forward to this meeting and will report back when I know more...

No comments:

Post a Comment