Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More normal test results!

Fasting Glucose- 81
Fasting Insulin-6
These tests were run in response to my asking to be put on metaformin to help with my egg quality. Some REs believe that metaformin will help whether you have insulin resistance or not, but mine isn’t one of them so it looks like then answer to if I could be put on it is a big fat no.
Once again this tells us absolutely nothing except that me drinking red wine was not artificially keeping my blood sugar low. Unfortunately I don’t think this means I can start drinking red wine or any other alcohol again. My IVF coordinator(the one I like) is supposed to call me tomorrow after Dr. R looks over the labs and decides what he wants me doing next or how long he wants me on the nutrition/lifestyle plan before trying again.
Chances I will actually hear from someone tomorrow…35%

No comments:

Post a Comment