Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Perimenopausal

Eek! The results from my AMH test are finally in and it does show that I am in fact perimenopasual. Not massively, but still no longer in the range of normal. Or was I ever in the range of normal to begin with?? Who knows. A lot of doctors are now using this test as an indicator of not only egg quality but also of how you will do during IVF so its not looking good.
The doctor and the coordinator both think we should just keep going, but of course they would say that. At the end of the day they won’t get paid if I do nothing. I just don’t think I can bring myself to do IVF yet again with truly no reason to think it will turn out any differently than the last two times. Plus who knows if the embryos sucked because of this amh level or because of my allergic reactions to the drugs…either way my level isn’t going to change and we are still going to use the drugs so I fail to see why any new cycle will be different than the last ones.
So I am sad but relieved. Relieved that I feel like I have done everything I could and its ok to stop treatments. This doesn’t at all mean that they don’t think I will never get pregnant on my own as the past few years have shown that it can and has happened. Hell, perimenopausal women get pregnant all the time…my aunt as a perfect example. Maybe we will eventually get lucky one of these times. Chris thought I was going to have a massive meltdown yesterday but being that I am not optimistic about anything this didn’t surprise me one bit.
The only question left is what do I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment