Thursday, January 20, 2011

1/20/11

My first topic of the day is mascara.  I have a love/hate relationship with this product.  I need mascara when I leave the house just as much as I need air since I have blonde eye lashes.  They are so blond it barely even looks like I have eye lashes so I have to have something on them but I am just not a huge fan of mascara in general.  For years I just wore clear so you could at least see that I had lashes.  Last year I used Buxom mascara and I liked it, but didn't love it.  I read some beauty blogs and decided to try Full and Soft by Maybelline.  This is one seriously clumpy mascara so in the trash that went.  Last night I picked up Loreal's Carbon Black Voluminous mascara and it is better but I am not in love with it either which is ok since it was on sale for $5 at Happy Harrys.  The bottom line is that I think my general distaste for mascara was clouding the fact that the Buxom really is the best for me so I will be picking it back up again the next time I am at Sephora.  What's your favorite mascara?

Topic number two is face wash.  I can't rave enough about Purity Made Simple but with this cold weather my face is dry, dry, dry and the Purity is doing nothing for me.  I bought Loreal's 360 sensitive face wash and I love this stuff!  My skin is so much softer now and between that and FAB's Ultra Repair Cream we are back in business.

That's all I have for today in the realm of beauty!  Onto my hilarious child...Jax has decided he wants to be sitting up at all times as of last week.  Every time we lay him down he tries to use his stomach muscles to get himself upright and sometimes gets seriously pissed when he realizes it just isn't happening.   He has now taken to grabbing the rails of the changing table to help hoist himself up.  Slow down dude, what happened to rolling?  "Oh, I am all over that mommy, just watch."  He has only rolled over a handful of times since he rolled over for the first time last month which from everything I have been told is totally normal.  Then last night he rolls over three times on the blanket.  We clap, he laughs, and that was the end of it.  We go to his room to put away laundry and I put him down on his stomach in his crib and ten seconds later I turn around and he rolled over yet again and had this silly grin on his face.  It will be interesting to see if this is another one time thing or if he is going to become more consistent.

1 comment:

  1. i wish i had access to this last night, i walked past the sephora store going to dinner, i could have picked you up one!! damnit!

    ReplyDelete