Thursday, July 16, 2009

Best possible outcome!

I will have to admit I took a xanax before I went in to try and head off any major breakdowns I thought I may have. No breakdowns here...it was a chromosomal abnormality. Trisomy 17 to be exact and from what I have read it is, of course, an extremely rare abnormality. .2% of all miscarriages to be exact.
Everything else with the chromosomes was fine. No traslocations or other abnormalities as they were suspecting, or maybe in my hysterics I misunderstood what they meant by saying it was genetic. Who knows, and at this point who cares.
The RE feels that this pregnancy just further shows that our IVF protocol was all wrong. It sucks that we still are totally unexplained, but I am over the moon excited that genetically there is nothing wrong and there is no need to do PGD.
We will be cycling again in September, maybe even August. The RE mentioned he may want to use my recent pregnancy/hormones to our advantage, whatever that means and start as soon as I get my post d & e period.
The only thing that saddens me at this point is that I saw the sex on the report. I did not want to see the sex. It was a little girl:(

No comments:

Post a Comment