Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Decision has been made

Not to be a drama queen, but IF is ruining my life. It has taken the joy out of everything, how am I supposed to enjoy myself recovering from failed cycles and miscarriages? You can't, that is the answer.

I have been thinking and blogging more and more lately about stopping the madness. I tossed it at Chris a few times in the past few days and he said he is ok with whatever I decide. My decision is to give up, no my decision is to move on and start a new chapter. I don't think there is a single thing the doctor can say to make me want to do this again. I don't have it in me anymore. I hated being pregnant because I could not enjoy a second of it and I don't think that would ever go away. The aftermath of the miscarriage is even worse. My fibro is flaring and I have zero energy. It.is.awful. I hope our final appointment gives us some closure on why all of this happened and if there is any chance of it ever working I will stay off bcp and maybe it will. Or maybe it won't. I can't tell the future, all I know is that the past three and a half years of my life I have carried the question of "will this work" around in my head and when it doesn't comes the questions of "why not" and "why me." A part of me thinks we should have stopped after our last IVF but at least this last miscarriage showed us that our problem is genetic, although I am not sure exactly which genetic problem it is yet.

Imagining that there will never be a little Chris and Kate running around makes me sad, but me throwing away another few years of my life on something that most likely won't work makes me even sadder. I told Chris he could leave me but of course he said he never would and that I am important, not the future children we will never have.

So that's that in a nutshell. The new chapter will include adoption but we want to save up for it as opposed to taking out a loan so it will be years and years away unless one or both of us gets a higher paying job. For now, I am just going to plan our next vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever the next chapter I wish you nothing but sunshine you deserve it (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes I think our husbands are right. Mine says the same, he also believes that our marriage is more important than any offspring. That is one thing we can hold on to, the love we get from our men. Cherish what you have to make yourself strong again. I totally hear you on IF stealing all the joy in your life. I finally have my joy back and I'm planning to hold on to it, as much as I can even as I start a next round of IVF. Adoption is also a possibility for us, and one that helps me keep my sanity right now knowing that I"ll be a mother someday, no matter where the baby is coming from. Wishing you peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete