Monday, August 31, 2009

Coordinator from hell update

After spending the entire weekend flipped out over my IVF coordinator and her wanting to cancel my cycle for a multitude of reasons it seems things are calming down and heading in the right direction. I went in this morning for a progesterone check and spoke with my nurse about my converstaion with the coordinator. After I finsihed my rant she looked at me and said, "this is why we hired someone else to take over her position." My nurse(I go to a satellite office) stepped in today and called the doctor herself on my behalf to get things straightened out.

My bloodwork today showed that I definitely did ovulate, which we basically already knew. My doctor is out for the day but the coordinator is supposed to call me back in the morning and tell me whether I should start the bcp for ten days or if he wants me taking a estrogen/prometrium combo that apparently is a more natural way of suppressing. Has anyone heard of that?

The dip asked me again why I haven't taken the IVF class and I responded for the fifth time because I already did. She then "laughed" and said oh silly I wrote those notes on a different peice of paper. She also wanted to know if she should order my drugs...yeah I have had those for at least a month in a half now. I was also told to use a milkjug for my sharps container since she forgot to order one of those. I was laughing by the end of this conversation because its so obvious she doesn't have a clue.

1 comment:

  1. how frustrating to deal with someone who doesn't even has her notes straight. better luck in the future as you cycle with them.

    ReplyDelete