Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Easy Breezy

IVF #2

Current meds
1000 mg of Vitamin C
Dexamethasone
3 mg of folic acid

I go back on the 24th(cd17) for my first ovulation check. I only need to be on the pills for seven days before we start IVF so we are not worried about exact science here. If I haven't ovulated yet she will bring me back periodically based on how my labs look so we can at least get the week of pills in so I am guessing it will be once a week until it is confirmed. Ah, a weekly visit vs. 45 days of lupron. What a beautiful thing.

I am still leery of doing IVF again but this really is the best time this year to do it for us. We have nothing big planned for the month of September/beginning of October unlike the rest of the year when we have stuff almost every other weekend. That in itself is a bonus and will make things much less stressful. Basically there is always going to be the voice in the back of my head...aka fear of another m/c...and I realize it will never fully go away. I know the shots are a peice of cake, my protocol seems like a piece of cake, and thats about as far as I can take it. It's also super exciting though that I could be pregnant in two months and possibly with a healthy baby this time. How crazy would that be.

1 comment:

  1. only seven days of pills? and no lupron? it all sounds dreamy!!!
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete