Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Starting stims on Friday!

I am not sure if I will be posting much over the weekend so I am going to comment as much as I for ICLW in between running cases today!

The phone never rang last night which means that I am officially suppressed and starting stims on Friday. The med teaching class went just fine yesterday, after a month on lupron I didn't expect it to be too hard. The PIO shot is scaring the hell out of me because of my arthritis in the lower back but I will worry about that when we come to it. I almost laughed when the nurse told me to ice it for ten mintues and I would be fine. Little do they know I had a hard time walking at work yesterday after they were done poking around to show Chris the right spot. It's going to be a freaking mess, but worth it if it works. That is going to be my motto, please remind me if I seem like it's getting to be too much in a few weeks.

We are heading home tomorrow for Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday because my whole Buffalo family came down to spend time with us. Thanksgiving all sort of fell apart after my papa died a long time ago. Then half the family came down and for the past three years no one has come down. It's just not the same without 25 wackos running around. They still all come down for the 4th of July so that has taken over my favorite holiday slot.

Have a wonderful holiday!

7 comments:

  1. Here from ICLW, and wanted to wish you the best with your meds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. I am so glad you get to start stimming Friday. I'll be right there with ya poking myself with all follistim and menopur in addition to a little lupron. fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from ICLW. Best of luck on your upcoming cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from ICLW. Hope you had a happy (belated) Thanksgiving! I know what you mean about how holidays change after your father passes.

    Today is Friday here, so happy stimming. I hope next month I'll get to come back during this week to read that you're pregnant!

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your cycle. I had someone draw on my butt where the shots would go, so my hubby knew exactly where to put them. They go lower than you think. Any higher, and you might hit a nerve. Maybe you already know all this stuff already, but I was always learning new shot tricks.

    Happy belated Thanksgiving, from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete