Monday, December 1, 2008

Stim Check #1

I have 20 total follies, 10 on each side. After three days of stims, I have 6 or 7 that are measurable. I had a 12 and the rest were 10s. The nurse expects some of the rest to catch up throughout the week. My lining is at 9 already so everything is actually looking good for once! They should be calling me back this afternoon with any med changes and whether they need to see me tomorrow or not.

I am not too uncomfortable yet. My left hip is hurting like a mofo and I am not wondering if that has something to do with the fact that the left ovary has more of the big ones on it. Maybe, maybe not. The shots have been a breeze except for the follistim. I am not sure what it is about it but when Chris gives it to me it hurts so I decided to do it myself last night and it didn't hurt quite as bad. I think it has something to do with the twisting of the pen. It is easier to keep straight when I get it to myself and I don't have to push on my stomach as hard.

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling weird things on my hips as well, it might as well be the ovaries after all...
    I'm doing all the shots myself, and I guess with the pen, it just might be a better option for you, so you have control. Does it sting for you too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that it is working out for you. And that the shot went better when you did it yourself. I've been doing them all myself. I just figured it would be easier than having my husband do it. I'm scared to death of the PIO shots that he'll get to do. Follistim sucks. I hate that stupid pen. I would much rather just inject with a normal syringe. The menopur stings like a biotch I've found. The first one didn't hurt at all. But I noticed that the last two days after letting the little droplet come out of the tip of the needle and it slides down the needle then it really stings going in. I gotta try to flick that sucker off tonight. Anyway have you found that with menopur?

    ReplyDelete