Monday, December 29, 2008

12/29/2008

And we are back! IVF was a total and complete disaster. It took me six weeks to suppress, then we got 14 eggs and only 7 fertilized. On day 5, there was only one fragmented and fair embryo left. We put the embryo back and then realized that I am allergic to sesame oil and I still have hives on my arse from the PIO shots. I have gained at least ten pounds since the miscarriage in May and I have stretch marks on my thighs from my IVF cycle. I go in on Friday for my follow up appointment but we have been told to start thinking about embryo adoption or donor eggs. I am not ready to think of either right now.

The good news is that we are leaving in less than a week for a vacation that we desperately need. I have also been doing really well, mood wise, for the past few days. I got a mani/pedi yesterday and spent the afternoon with myself. It was great. Being able to pamper myself now without freaking about money is going to be a major plus in all of this. I can't wait to get massages on the beach next week in Mexico. I wish we could just leave today. The sad part is that I am already packed and we don't leave until Saturday afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peachy, I just wanted to say how sorry I am about the IVF cycle. I know it hard to see past this right now, but things will work out for you. Thoughts and praryers to you and your DH. Have a very happy and healthy new year and have a wonderful vacation!

    Karen (nestie karenandjeff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peachy! I'm following you to your new blog address. :)
    What a lovely picture of you and DH.
    I'm also taking a break thinking about all of this. It's so tough to try to come to any decisions right now. Your vacation sounds great and I hope Saturday is here soon so you can leave for paradise.

    ReplyDelete