Thursday, December 11, 2008

Update it is in

And it is not at all pretty. Out of the 6, 1 stopped dividing. The rest all all fair quality and fragmented. We are not even sure if we are going to go through with the transfer and we are definitely not going to freeze these poor eggs. From everything I have read fragmeneted, fair eggs have a low rate of implantation and a high rate of m/c. I just can't believe there wasn't 1 decent one in the bunch. From how bad they sounded I would even be surprised if any make it until Saturday.

That's about it. They do want us to go in on Saturday still so the embryologist can talk to us. After this will take a long, possibly permanent break. I could deal with the ok response to the meds, then we had the less then stellar fert rate and to top it all of they are not dividing correctly. It would seem this problem is slightly bigger then just tweaking th meds a bit.

Unexplained my left ass cheek!

2 comments:

  1. Peachy
    I don't really know what to say...
    So they were intending to do a 5 day transfer? even when the embryos were not that strong?
    I don't know much about it, but I know some clinics only do a 5 day when the embryos are up to 8 cells or so.
    I am so sorry that things are looking this gloomy.
    Yesterday we were pretty disappointed too. It's weird to learn that our eggs can fertilize but then the embryos are not developing like they should.
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Peachy. This is just terrible news. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete