Friday, October 23, 2009

10/23/2009

How do you like my new, happier background? I was depressing myself with the dark colors, even though they were completely appropriate for the fall season.

I am going to get my head examined at 12:30 today although I am not sure what I am going to talk to him about. Last week I was having an extremely tough time with everything, but I am starting to think a lot of it was mood swing related coming off of the hormones. Or maybe our little mini vacation did more good than I thought it did. Am I sad, of course. Do I feel like my life is over, not at all. I even "applied" to take a business course at our community college, why you even have to apply if you aren't degree seeking is above and beyond me but hey take my ten bucks and run with it. Hopefully after a few semester of taking business and other random classes I can decide what I think I want to do a Masters program in. Either way it will be good to get out of the house and get back into class, which is something I always enjoyed.

So things are beginning to look up. Chris had a dream this week about our 8 year, save up money adoption plan which I thought was sweet. I found out this week there are no longer any adoption agencies in my state that do international adoption. They all lost their Hauge Accreditations. I am not sure if it was a monetary thing or something else but regardless we will have to look elsewhere when we start to get more serious about it. I did order some information packets from a few different agencies that serve the entire US so it will be fun going through them when we get them in.

2 comments:

  1. A ton in our state have lost their accreditation too! Crazy. The few that still have it, have limited countries to choose from. I think that it's just like Guatemala, and one place in Africa. Even China was shut down! If you want some suggestions on domestic infant, e-mail me.... I've been researching the snot out of them! My email is lovemarriagecarriage (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new colors! I've got a lot of info on different agencies since we were planning on starting with IA! Just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete