Wednesday, October 28, 2009

4

Is the number of moles I had biopsied this time. Two were right on top of each other so I am thinking its more of 3.5 which is half of the moles I had removed last time. I will know in 2 weeks if they are going to need 6 mm punches, total excisions, or if they are not cancerous/pre-cancerous and need nothing. The mole they biopsied on my back has been biopsied twice before so I would be slightly shocked if all of the sudden there was something wrong with it, but as we know my derm is super cautious so maybe he will remove it anyway. I am just happy that they are all on my legs and back because one botched scar on my arm is enough for now thank you very much.

In other dermatological news, my skin is ridiculously dry and irritated. The areas under my eyes and around my mouth are red, puffy and dry. I have been using Hope in a Jar for two years and I can't even stand to have that on my face. I had a reaction to the wipes they use at MAC and luckily I carry baby wipes in my purse or I would have had an issue. The derm gave me a steriod cream which is calming but is not helping at all with the dryness which in turn is just making me more irritated. I tried the Aveeno calming lotion last year and had a reaction to that also which most people suggest when I tell them about my issues. I picked up a sample of clinique's redness solution cream today and am going to give that a whirl tonight.

Any suggestions? What do you use on your face in the winter?

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything comes back with all clear and you don't need to have any other mole procedures.

    These are some skincare solutions I found on sephora for redness/dryness
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=C9381&concern=Face:%20Redness

    GL

    ReplyDelete