Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Beta was zero

So that's all she wrote folks. I went in today to get my rash looked at and they are sure its an allergic reaction to progesterone in general, not the carrier oil as they had thought before. It makes you wonder if I am allergic to all progesterones or just synthetic ones? The nurse even mentioned being allergic to pregnancy as a whole but I am not sure exactly what that entails and could find nothing on dr. google relating to that. Who knows and since my egg quality is so bad I guess it really doesn't matter. Although the reactions that I have to PIO shots sort of kill the possibility of using donor eggs since I would have to take PIO then also.

Now I have to go to urgent care after work and get a shot of steriods and then I have a follow up with my doctor tomorrow at 12:45. I hope to god that's my final appointment as I am not going back to have him look at my rash and then going back again a week later to go over my failed cycle. Plus, since we have no plans of ever cycling again(obviously) I have no intention of going back twice.

5 comments:

  1. Can they treat a progesterone allergy? It'd suck if you weren't even able to take progesterone suppositories. Otherwise I guess a surrogate would be the only way out? Or adoption. Sorry you're having to deal with this on top of the zero beta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry sweetie. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of hugs!!!! You're not alone - we're all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so very sorry - (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete