Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanks, but no thanks

Why oh why must everyone give me their ill researched opinions on what we should be doing? You should adopt...so what, I just snap my fingers and adopt? Is that how it works in your world? Because in mine you need 30k to adopt. And why the hell should I adopt, maybe you should stop having your own kids and adopt if its so easy and wonderful to do.

Just wait and eventually you will get pregnant? We had the nicest guy in our car this weekend telling us of a friend who had 4 miscarriages but ended up having 10 kids. My response...I have had 4 miscarriages , my embryos suck, that chances are that won't be us. Why can people not accept that some women just won't get pregnant, EVER. Repeat with me, some people will never, ever, ever, ever have a healthy pregnancy that results in a live baby. It's sad, but it's true.

If you can't just say sorry, do you need anything...just say nothing. This sort of goes for everything...unless you have been exactly in someone's situation just say you are sorry and offer support. This is one major lesson I have learned throughout this stupid journey.

My new motto...fake it til you make it. I figure one morning a long time from now I will wake up and actually not care that I will never have my own kids, but for now I will just pretend it I don't care.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, a$$vice sucks, and I've gotten really sick of telling people why adoption is no insta-baby either.
    I hope your loved ones and friends stop giving you unwanted advice, and can just be there to support you however you need to be supported.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, sister. It feels like we're reaching the point where almost anything someone says is the WRONG thing. I want to tell people. Just say, "I'm so sorry" and that's it. Just stop there. People can't tolerate your pain. It makes them uncomfortable and so they want to lessen it. Of course all they end up doing is alienating you so you that you are then alone with your pain. It sucks.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete