Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8/16/11

I finally picked out a theme and invitation for Jax's birthday party!  The way I was acting regarding his invitation you would have thought I was a frigging rocket science trying to figure out the best way to blast off into space.  We were going to do Chuggington as he loves it but party supplies will not be available in the US until after his birthday so we can save that for another year.  The next best thing to Chuggington is Sesame Street's Beginnings books, specifically Bubble, bubbles so that is what we are doing.  You would think it would be easy to find a customizable invitation for Sesame Street that can be printed but oh it is not.  It must have something to do with copyrights but none of the sites such as invitationbox.com, shutterfly, tinyprints, ect have Sesame Street layouts and there is no way in hell I was going to pay someone on etsy to create one that I will have to take somewhere to print out and then buy the envelopes.  What the hell is up with that anyway, I guarantee if they offered it at least half of the people would order from them if they offered to print them out and send you blank envelopes.  Anyway, I remembered that I have a good picture of Jax reading Bubbles, bubbles so I ran with that and made them on shutterfly.

So while I didn't go overboard with the invitations the rest of the party is going to be a totally awesome shitshow.  I am 99.37 percent sure I am only having one child so there is no reason not to go crazy.  While I was against printing out my own invitations I am all about ordering decorations on etsy and then printing them out on cardstock.  I am currently deciding between two packages and hopefully it will be done by Friday so Casey and I can start printing and cutting this weekend.  It is going to be a lot plus I am all athritic in my hands so I can't do a lot at once which is why we are starting over a month early.

No comments:

Post a Comment