Monday, August 1, 2011

I love my keurig!




and Jax loves the box!

I can't stand the taste of coffee but since I had Jax I have been succumbing to the caffeine.  I started with Starbucks and would basically go in and ask for coffee that doesn't taste like coffee.  The cute old man who believes I am still a college student introduced me to Dark Peppermint Mochas and Cocoa Cappuccinos.   Then I moved onto Dunkin Donuts as it is closer to home and work and found the Mocha Swirl latte and I finished off my coffee finding journey with Mocha Mint iced coffee and Pumpkin Spice cappuccino from Wawa.  I pretty much died and went to heaven over the mocha mint coffee, it seriously tastes like a milkshake.

I realized after 9 months that we were spending quite a bit on coffee each morning for the two of us and I had been reading rave reviews about the keurig.  The problem- well I need lots of flavor and milk to like it.  Then I researched espresso machines and that just seemed like way too much work.  The whole milk frothing business seemed like a burn waiting to happen.  Then it dawned on me, I have a cocoamotion and can froth milk that way.  I know you technically need espresso to make a latte but well I don't like coffee anyway so I figured I would just go bold for flavor and improvise as needed and then the ghetto fab latte was born...

Start with your coffee-

My favorite so far is the Caribou Coffee Blend.  The only one I have tried and really disliked was Gloria's Butter Toffee, it tastes like water and coming from me that is saying a lot.  As it is still 100 degrees everyday I put ice directly into the mug to start cooling things down.

While that is going I use the cocomotion with skim milk-

(they no longer sell the cocomotion.  It was replaced with this-http://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-CM300BR-Cocoa-Latte-Hot-Drink/dp/B0002TUVQM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1312205265&sr=8-2)

Then I fill the cups with ice and pour in Hershey's Dark Syrup and a shot of Torani syrup.  We tried Caramel this morning and I wasn't super impressed, so far my favorite is still sugar free vanilla.



Pour in coffee, then milk, and walla you have a ghetto fab latte


I saw Pumpkin Pie syrup in the store last week and grabbed it but I can't bring myself to make one with it yet.  That will officially signal fall in my brain and it's just too hot for fall right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment