Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy 30th to me!




My birthday was yesterday and I did not have a mid-life crisis, not that I thought I would but I always hear everyone talking about what a rough birthday it is to have.  On Saturday we went to my parents to celebrate which was very nice.  Foxy watched Jax while Chris and I went to see Cowboys and Aliens which was a decent summer blockbuster movie.  If you don't go in expecting an Oscar winning film you won't be disappointed.  Then we swam a little, ate dinner, and then topped it off with a triple chocoholic blizzard cake from Dairy Queen.  Holy hell that was one hell of a cake.  I highly recommend it.

I got some fun gifts from the fam.  My mom bought me an adorable dress, a Life is Good shirt since it is an all, and a new purse.  I was there when we picked the purse out and I thought it would be perfect.  It is a satchel and as soon as I got home I emptied out my old purse and put everything in the new one.  I thought it was perfect...until I used it the next day and realized that this arthritic 30 year old has no business carrying something on her forearm.  After a half an hour I had to throw it into the stroller because it was killing me.  So back it goes next time I am at the outlets, I am most likely just going to get the same purse I have now in a fall/winter color.   Casey got me a sephora gift card which I used to buy some new foundation and Ry got me a pandora giftcard so I can pick out whatever I want.  I am sure I would have loved whatever he picked as it is more a sentimental jewelry piece vs a fashion statement but this works also!

Chris' gift is still in the mail!  I have no idea what it is other than the fact that he told me it is not alive and that it should be here soon.  I did get roses and a card plus they took me to Brio on Sunday(I love that place).

Here are some pics from the weekend-




You can see the new purse in the background of this one-

No comments:

Post a Comment