Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Purge








Hello everyone!
I know you are all on pins and needles waiting for an update to my skin issues so here it is!

When I saw the dermatologist he put me on clinda.mycin in the morning and differ.in lotion in the evening.  He did state that for cystic acne the best thing is going onto a tetracyclin antibiotic but I am allergic to those so that was a no go.  He warned me right off the bat of the purge that would most likely occur when I started using these medications and of course he was right.  It has been two weeks now and things have mostly calmed down and my skin is looking pretty clear for the first time since I had Jax.  A friend of mine is pretty much on the same regimen and she has issues with these topicals drying out her skin but so far I have not had that problem at all.  

My main problem now is the red marks and scars that remain.  I am currently using a sample of Cliniq.ue's Dark Spot Corrector and Ole Henri.ksen's Little Wonders Kit.  My jawline is not the place to look now for improvements as it is so irritated but I have been keeping a close eye on two areas by my right temple and the difference is pretty amazing.  The red marks are still there but smaller and lighter in color so I am hoping that within a few months we will see a change in how my jawline looks.  Then just maybe I will be able to leave the house without throwing something on that area. 

The other new product I tried this month is MUFE's DuoMat powder foundation.  It's basically the best stuff ever-buildable(is this even a word?) coverage that takes the place of my concealer, liquid foundation and powder.  I walked into Sephora and told them that my face is an oil slick and this is what they gave me.  At $32 it is a little pricey but considering it takes the place of three products and it totally rocks I don't care.  They also gave me a sample of Nar's Illuminator in Laguna and I am sold on this also.  It stays put way longer than my regular blush and I don't look like a zombie by the middle of the day which is a major plus.  It's tough being pale!

No comments:

Post a Comment