Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8/11

We started our weekend a day early this time around.  A summer cold hit out house like a ton of bricks last week.   Jax was up on and off all night on Thursday so I knew it was more than a cold and I felt like holy hell so I decided I would stay home with him and since Chris was still recovering also we made a day out of it.  Our first trip was to urgent care where Jax was diagnosed with a double ear infection and a red throat, whatever the hell that means.  We were told that we could wait two more days to see if the infection cleared on its own to limit his antibiotic use but after seeing them pull blood out of his ears I decided to wait two hours.  Maybe it's me but when they pull blood out of your infants ear I am reaching for the drugs.

Friday night we had a Picture People appointment and even though he wasn't feeling well we decided to keep it.  Here are the pics-

By Saturday he was a new kid and we headed to the beach.  Jax played in his stroller for a good 45 minutes once he was done with the sun.  Everyone around us got a kick out him talking to himself and playing with Chris' glasses.  We did try to put his feet in the water again and he freaked out again.  


Sunday was awesome, let me tell you.  The three of us went with our friends Janki and Jason to Max Brenner- Chocolate by a Bald Man for brunch in Philadelphia.  I like chocolate, but I don't love chocolate so I had the Brenner Burger which was delicious, it had me at onion ring to be honest.  The waffle fries were to die for, Jax was holding one and not eating it and for a split second I thought about taking it out of his hand and eating it.


Everyone else had breakfast which was delicious but entirely too rich for me.  Chris and Janki had some sort of Vanilla French Toast with white chocolate dipping sauce.  So good, but I would have had an eighth of it and been done.  

We also ordered drinks, which killed our bill by the way.  The drinks were as much as our entrees. Here was my banana split martini.  

Chris liked it all so much he wants to go back for his birthday, which isn't until next April.  I would go back again also and I would still go the sandwich route but order a milkshake for a drink instead of a martini.  

Then we went to Yards Brewery.  I was not at all impressed with the ten beers that we tried.  

We also walked to JFK park and took a cheesy tourist picture-
Jax was so fascinated with the water fountain we had to turn around so it looked like he was looking at the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment