Friday, August 12, 2011

Damn you Gordon Ramsay!

My favorite shows on television right now are reality cooking competitions.  I watch all three Gordon Ramsay shows plus reruns on BBC, Extreme Chef, Food Network Star, and the list goes on.  The downfall of watching all of these shows is what is going on around my waistline.  I can't help myself, when I am watching them cook their delicious meals I want to eat no matter how late it is.  Usually if there is fresh fruit I will munch on that with a glass of wine and be good but other nights hardcore snacking goes down in our living room.

This week on Masterchef, or it may have been last week's episode that I watched this week, they made shepherd's pie.  It dawned on me that not only have I never made it but I have never had it so I decided at work yesterday that I was going to find a recipe and give it a whirl.  I had one recipe but then once I got home I realized I was missing an ingredient and then I found Rachel Ray's recipe-I had everything and it stated it only took 30 minutes to make which is important.  It was holy crap delicious, definitely the best new thing I have made in quite a while.  There was also more than enough left over that I didn't have to make lunch today for the three of us.

I am always on the search for quick and tasty meals since I don't have a whole hell of a lot of time to cook at night since we don't get home until 6 and Jax goes to bed between 6:30 and 7.  Our favorite easy meal so far is just brown rice and chili, Chris likes regular chili and I like chicken chili.  It is super filling and takes less than ten minutes to make.  I may attempt making my own chili one of these days but so far Hormel's is my bitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment