Thursday, September 18, 2008

Italian Food...not so much

My class last night pretty much sucked a big one. The instructor was all over the place and he forgot to put all of the instructions for the recipes in our packets and the one chicken recipe was not in there at all. I made two different types of sauces and they were decent, but not worth the two hours it took to make them. Another group made fennel pork which they all seemed to like but since I am not a fennel fan at all I skipped it. A spinach/arugula salad with mango dressing was also made, which in my opinion was also pretty nasty. I threw the packet out when I got home because there was not a single recipe in there I would make again. One bad class here and there is not a big deal though! That will most likely be the last class I take with Chef Ed again unless it has to do with soups and bread.

We have such a long weekend ahead of us. I am still wondering how Chris thinks we are going to get the water heater home on Sunday so we can replace ours. It might fit into our car, but I am not positive that will work. I guess we could strap it to the top of the crappy car and hope it doesn't fly off in transit but I am thinking that is probably not the best idea in the world.

I am so tired! I am starting to think that my forgetfulness is actually due to my fibromyalgia and not the clomid. My stupid knees have been bothering me lately also which is just ridiculous in itself because they usually don't hurt at all. It could be the shoes I suppose.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your class didn't go well. Nothing like preparing food for hours just to have it not be worth the time or energy. Hope you found some time to relax this weekend!
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from NCLW,
    Sorry your class was a waste. I've always wanted to try cooking classes but haven't done so yet. I kind of just rely on cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from International Comment Leaving week! Hope your week rocks! Your puppies are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping in from ICLW...

    I would have skipped the fennel, too!

    Good luck with this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry. Always a bummer when you expect one thing and something else happens.

    Hopefully you had fun meeting some people though.


    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your class wasn't everything you hoped it would be. I am a pretty good cook (Italian food is my speciality) so if you want a great penne a la vodka recipe let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry the class didn't go so well. I hope you were able to get some rest this weekend to rejuvenate... ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from ICLW, sorry your class didn't turn out too well. I took one cooking class before I got married (figured I needed to know how to cook SOMETHING) and it was pretty good. I often think of going for more but never seem to get off my butt for it.

    ReplyDelete