Friday, September 5, 2008

More about the girls down the street

The girls came back over on Tuesday to see Buca and Peanut. I brought out one treat for each of the puggers and the girls asked if they were pretzels. The one girl told me her mom has no money for snacks because she spends it all on clothes and booze so she can go out to the bar. The other girls is in 7th grade and her reading level is one of a 4th grader. She was reading a book on my steps that was a 6th grade reading level and she seemed to be doing well with it. I am starting to think the reason they come over is they think that I am going to give them snacks. They haven't been back since I told them I didn't have anything for them to eat. Odd.

We are leaving tomorrow to go visit Danielle in MD. I am hoping the weather isn't too bad on the way there, we all know that I am not a huge fan of bridges to begin wtih so I can't imagine going over that one with heavy rain and wind.

At this point I am just waiting for my period to start so we can start the IUI cycle. Although if I don't get it soon then we are going to have to push it back another month since we are going away twice this month. I am thinking it is not going to work but we will see.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the girls were looking for treats. Maybe they feel safe in your presence and if you would like them to keep coming back you could buy them some little snack packs to have. If not - oh well.

    I hope AF shows soon so you can start your IUI cycle.

    Also, I tagged you. Please see my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete