Tuesday, September 23, 2008

IUI part 1 is done!

I finally made it back to work around noon today after my IUI. Everything went smoothly, I made it to Newark in under and hour which is always a good thing. The waiting for two hours before the actual procedure was not a blast, but I found a lounge and I just relaxed and read to pass the time.

I was finally called back at 9:30 and was sperminated. I have to go back one more time tomorrow morning and then we just wait for the beta. The next two weeks are not going to be loads of fun taking prometrium twice a day but if it helps me not miscarry again then I will take feeling sick. This has been the longest four days ever getting up so early and then driving up to Newark and then driving an hour south to get to work.

I figure with three follies, good lining, and good sperm my chances can't really be less than 10% this month. It must at least be 30% with the three follicles, right? This is all going way better than I thought it would and I no longer have no hope at all that this could possibly work.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear everything went well this morning! Those early mornings racing to get to the RE are killer. Our RE is in center city Philly and I only live about 20 minutes up I95. In the morning it takes me almost an hour (driving like a mad woman) to make it into the city. It's the most stressful hour because I'm driving like a nut and clutching DH's sperm so it doesn't slosh all over the cup. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you!!! :)

    (ICLW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Here via ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. 30 percent doesn't seem at all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you no longer have no hope. Everything does sound really good! Wishing you an easy and speedy 2ww. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you... if 1 folli is 10%, then 3 is definitely 30%. :) Wishing you all the best for this cycle.

    S&S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swim spermies swim. Sending you tons of GL. Love the sperminated line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck this cycle! I so hope this is the one for you!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forget that I've been through it until I read about someone who is in the middle of it! Good luck to you and I hope it works!
    (ICLW)

    ReplyDelete