Friday, April 24, 2009

And now I have a kidney infection

Fun times, really.  Ugh.  Let me start off by saying it has been over a year and a half since I have had any sort of urinary infection.  Why?  Because my doctor has me taking antibiotics after sex...

At my gyn annual appointment two weeks ago my dr said he was going to lower my dose of antibiotics I take after sex and he assured me I would be fine.  Yep, not so much.  Last night I was so cold and had the chills so bad that my teeth were chattering.  I almost hopped off the table when he pressed my kidney.   They gave me some good drugs so I should be fine in a few days.   My gyn said to call if I had any problems with the new dose and he would change it back so hopefully by the time this clears I will have my old dose back and this won't happen again.


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry about the kidney infection. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    Thank you for your comment. I feel much better now. :)

    ReplyDelete