Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pub Troubles

I took Chris out for lunch last Friday to a local pub.  The food was freaking excellent, OMG so delicious.  The problem is that they charged my card once and put two additional holds on the card.  So a 25 dollar lunch has turned into 90 dollars missing out of my separate checking account.  Chris and I each have a separate account that is basically our lunch/gas/other incidentals account that doesn't get very much money in it so its sort of a pain in the ass.   

I called my bank today to ask when these charges were going to come off, they keep telling me they are only pending.  Ok, pending or not the money is still not available to me.   Then I call the pub who tells me to check in a few more days and they pending charges should be gone.  Gee, thanks.  Then I ask her if this is a new policy because after it happened to me, someone I know said it happened to them also.  She said it was a waiter error but that it is their policy to put holds on people's debit cards.  WTF ever.  Again, it's only an extra 60 bucks, not a huge deal but its still annoying.  I will definitely think twice about eating there again and if I do I will be bringing cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment