Tuesday, September 15, 2009

1st follie scan update

I just got back from my first scan and my follies look great. 21 measurable follies after three nights of stims. So all good there.

The issue is that my period is off the hook(I was on prometrium for 7 days post ovulation last month). I woke up to what looked like yet another murder in my bed. At my baseline on Saturday my lining was still 9.4. Today my lining has thinned out by I still have a pocket of blood at the bottom of my ute that is waiting to come out. My nurse said that my follies won't take off until the blood is gone. She is going to talk with the doctor today but she seemed concerned. Have you ever heard of a IVF cycle being canceled because the patients period still wasn't done yet on cd5?

Update: The new coordinator called me back...as my mailbox was not properly set up. LOL, come you have to laugh at that. Everything looks great so far, yes I am still bleeding but its not completely uncommon. If my lining hasn't plumped back up by retrieval they will put me on Estrace. I am going to start drinking POM juice as soon as my period is over as that always seems to help with lining also. So all is well and the new coordinator was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment