Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ouch!

I just got back from my second follie scan and I keep repeating the mantra quality over quantity. After 4 nights of stims I have 7 follies on the right side measuring between 14-17 and 1 18. On the left I have 3 measuring between 13-15. Eleven total isn't bad, but I can't say that I am not a little bit disappointed. My AFC was triple what it was last year and I have less eggs cooking. I realize I have absolutely zero control over this so it is what it is and hopefully one or two of those are decent quality.

I took my third menopur shot last night and had a reaction almost immediately. It's very similar to the reaction I had last year to ovidrel. I have a baseball sized welt and it feels like a burn, I am just hoping it does not bubble and peel like the ovidrel reaction site did. Showering was super this morning when I realized that I basically can't let water hit the welt. The bitch of the situation is that tonight is my fifth night of stims and I most likely won't be stimming for much longer so they aren't sure if they are going to do a med change or not. Three or four more of these welts all over my body is not something I can admit I am looking forward to...hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. Tonight I am supposed to take benadryl 30 minutes before and basically pray it doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment