Monday, September 14, 2009

Reassurances

Celina, my wonderful nurse called me back today and tried to calm my fears about the coordinator and this cycle in general. She said that the coordinator is never this bad and she really isn't sure what is going on with her. As far as she can tell this is what is going on...

1. When I talked to coordinator this morning she stated that there was an issue with my bloodwork..and that was it. She did not elaborate. Celina stated my bloodwork looked great and the only troubling thing was that my lining was still very thick. My period has been super heavy the last three days so we are both sure that tomorrow's lining check will go much better.
2. Celina believes I was supposed to take my doxy this week and not last week, although she said there is no reason why last week wouldn't be fine also. She isn't sure why coordinator ordered two scripts for me. The zpack is for the day before retrieval and four days after. Again, she is unsure as to why coordinator did not know this when I asked her.
3. I should be on baby aspirin. Newsflash there as I was never told that.
4. I start taking the Medrol the day after transfer, I remembered that from last time.
5. I should have been given a packet and all IVF patients should be given a packet with a calender. This packet does include how to set up a mailbox so she is going to set up my mailbox today and show me how to use it tomorrow.
6. I "should" get paperwork at my retrieval that gives me all of my transfer/post transfer med instructions. Time will tell if I actually get it or not.

So in the end I am feeling much better than I was this morning. Celina profusely apologized stating that part of the reason I switched clinics was for better service which I am obviously not getting. I appreciate her saying that because she is absolutely right, with the exception of her and Donna at Milford, there service does suck and at least at the other clinic I knew exactly what I was doing in regards to my cycle and so did the coordinator if I had a question. Celina told me again that she was going to call the new coordinator on the down low and ask her to take over my case completely. Now, I have heard this a few times before so we will see if it actually happens.

I am such a post whore during IVF

No comments:

Post a Comment