Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And I thought I was worried last night

My IVF coordinator got back to me today regarding my questions about when to take the Lupron. While we were on the phone she told me that she hated my insurance company and that they red flagged me and were denying coverage for our cycle that starts Friday. I, of course start freaking out big time especially when she said it might have something to do with my age or that I did get pregnant on my own once. Once I relaxed a bit I called my insurance company. The customer service people couldn't figure out what was going on at first either. After being on hold for a good ten minutes they came back to me and said that my doctor's office never filled out the questionare that was sent to them a few weeks ago! I was livid. The good news is that they did get it basically while I was on the phone with them. The bad news is that my office lied to me about the problem and made me totally freak out over nothing. I am not too happy with them and at 3:48 pm I am still waiting for a call back so I will know if we can go ahead with this cycle or not. It is really taking all of my bitchy stregnth not to call my coordinator and call her on lying to me about the problem. If I knew it was their fault to beging with I would have been upset but not nearly as pissed as I was this morning. Fingers crossed that we find out something by tomorrow at the latest or I will be pushed off this cycle and it is the last one of the year. The next one we can do is not until freaking March!

4 comments:

  1. I soooo hate having to hold in bitchy when bitchy is so totally justified. I hate it almost as much as I hate having to call insurance companies. You got to do both in the same day!! Lucky girl!! I hope everything gets settled and you are able tom ove forward. Best of luck!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, I'd be beyond pissed too.

    Hope this all gets straightened out!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now. I hope you get everything straightened out. Waiting until March would suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you that things get figured out. I can't believe she lied to you - seriously you do not mess with an IF woman. We will take you down in a heartbeat.

    I'm so sorry for all the stress. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete