Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mock Transfer

I woke up this morning and diligently drank my 32 oz of fluids so I would have a full bladder for my mock transfer this morning. I thought it would be a pain-free and easy visit. I was wrong. My bladder did not come close to filling so I had to go drink more water. I was brought back an hour later and it was still not fill. The nurse went ahead anyway and did the mock transfer. My cervix decided it was going to be a bitch also and it hurt worse then anything I have had done so far. She did finally get in and everything was fine. For the real transfer I have to start drinking water two hours early instead of one and she put some notes in my chart about my silly bladder and cervix.

Of course, 20 minutes after I left I was peeing my pants every five minutes for a half an hour. So, my plan is to drink 16 oz two hours before, another 16 oz an hour and a half before and so on. I don't want to be to the point of peeing myself on the way to Newark but I also don't want to mess up the ET schedule by not having a totally full bladder. For whatever reason it just takes my bladder longer to fill after drinking then most peoples. It's also not helpful that my bladder does not hold as much liquid as other non-IC bladders. Screw it though, at the end she got it in and everything was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment