Friday, October 24, 2008

Phew...

The insurance/RE fiasco has been settled. Thank the lord, because I was about to have a total and complete freak out. The RE's office finally called me back regarding the approval and of course she said it had nothing to do with her, blah blah blah, they just wanted four extra things out of my chart. Personally, I don't care what they wanted and don't see how faxing four pieces of paper is that big of a deal but that is just me. I finally told her that it doesn't matter whose fault it was since it is fine now.

I start Lupron tonight! I am 95% excited, 5% scared. The needle for the lupron seems pretty small so I think I will be fine having Chris give it to me later. A friend asked today if this is the only one I give myself. It's funny how unless you have the box of meds you have no idea how many shots this whole process entails. You should see the bags and bags of needles that Medco sent me. I am begining to think I am going to need another sharps container. All I can think though is that it will be worth it in the end! Even if IVF #1 doesn't work, the RE is hoping for some good frozen embies that we can work with next year.

I found at least ten seasonal martini recipes for my party tomorrow night. Chris and I are going to give them a whirl tonight while watching The St.rangers. It should be a fun night!

11 comments:

  1. Here from ICLW! Glad to hear that your insurance stuff was worked out. I hate dealing with the insurance company. It is the worst.

    You have such a great attitude about your IVF, I wish you much luck and success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything works out for you. I hate the insurance stuff. Im glad it's all handled. I will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad all the insurance crap got worked out, I hate dealing with them. Have a martini for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck wih your IVF cycle! I so hope you get that BFP!

    ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, I am so happy that it is all over and done with and I'm so happy to hear that it is a good outcome.

    A martini sounds fabulous right now. Too bad I don't drink - oh well that just means more for you!

    Good luck! I'm cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate worrying about insurance too, but I'm really glad it worked out for you! Enjoy your martinis ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love insurance companies and medical offices: They always seem to go out of their way to create headaches. I'm glad things were straightened out. Good luck this cycle :-)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 martini recipes? Sounds like heaps of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmm...seasonal martinis...the only thing that sounds better right now is spiked egg nog.

    Glad you got the insurance crap worked out.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete