Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Have I become too desensitized?

To the whole baby/pregnancy thing? Pregnant women don't bother me, babies don't bother me, but they do bother most infertile people from what I have seen. I mean they don't bother me to a level that I am worried that my prozac does is too high. Or is it just that I work with them day in and day out? Maybe it's that since I am now being proactive towards the whole process with the meds that I feel like there is nothing more I can do about it. I don't know, but I have been really worrying about myself lately in this area. Last night I got my hair cut and my hair dresser is pregnant, I didn't even think twice about it other than I thought that maybe it should bother me. I mean it hasn't even been two months since we lost baby B.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there is anything wrong with it not bothering you. You aren't a vicious person and you are not a poor me type person. I think you care and it does bother you to see other women pregnant but I don't think it bothers you to a point where you will get medieval on someone haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way (and I too had a m/c in May). I definitely notice pregnant women and babies, and I usually feel a pang of jealousy/sadness/anger, but it's mild and fleeting. We all deal with our emotions in different ways, so don't worry, be glad that you aren't pained by something so unavoidable.

    ReplyDelete